SEM Role in Digital Marketing
SEM (Search Engine Marketing )Google Ad Words is paid advertising or pay per click (PPC) advertising on Google. Three steps simple formula for internet marketing:
- People use keywords (or search terms) to search for specific products and services
- If the keywords you’ve chosen match what people search for, your paid ad appears next to or above organic Google search results
- When people click on your ad, they’ll go to your website to learn more or buy.
Google Ad Words offers assured, immediate traffic to Web sites against a certain investment, and therefore using this campaign comes with a host of advantages for Web sites and businesses. Google Ad Words is the main advertisement and major revenue source for Google. It offers a Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising campaign that includes ad programs with local, national, and international distribution.
Businesses, regardless of the size, have one particular thing in common. If they want to have new customers and improve the status of their business, they should never stop marketing. These days, there are a lot of different strategies to market your business. Google Ad words is one of them. Understanding how GoogleAdwords work, as well as the benefits can help business owners determine whether or they should be implementing this vital marketing tool
Google Ad Words is one of the most useful methods of bringing traffic to one’s site, but the fact that Google Ad Words brings assured traffic does not mean there is nothing more to be done. One needs to be an active participant in the Ad Words Campaign and choose titles, provide descriptions and images, and understand keywords, conversion of keywords, and so on in order to utilize Google Ad Words Power learn SEM Course.
Advantages of Google Ad words
There’s an old marketing adage, “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half!” With Google AdWords, every single aspect of your marketing campaign is measurable, right down to the number of clicks, number of impressions, click through rate (CTR), number of conversions, conversion rate, cost per click (CPC), cost per acquisition (CPA), etc
One of Google Ad Words’ primary benefits is that it’s extremely cost-effective. You only pay when someone clicks on your ad (i.e. you pay per click) and you determine exactly how much you want to spend.
Google’s job is to present the most relevant and accurate results in response to a user’s search query. Advertisers who have large marketing budgets may not necessarily get the best positions on the search page, nor the best ranking. This ad auction determines the order of how the most relevant ads will be organized on the search results page
As an online advertiser, sophisticated targeting tools are essential to maximizing ROI with search marketing. Google Ad Words’ targeting capabilities are quite sophisticated and provide advertisers various channels in which to fine-tune their campaign, including
- Location Targeting:Google Ad Words allows you to target specific geographic locations. For each ad campaign, you can select locations where your ad can be shown. You can choose locations such as entire countries, areas within a country, cities, territories, or even a radius around a location
- Mobile Targeting: Enhanced campaigns allows advertisers to target mobile device users. This is especially important because the mobile consumption of information and mobile search queries are growing exponentially each year. At the same time, devices are evolving quickly with a growing list of capabilities so enhanced, mobile targeting with Google AdWords provide new opportunities to target the right audience at the right time. This is especially important for advertisers who want to customize their ad text or extensions to grab the attention of customers when they’re viewing the ad on a mobile device.
- Language Targeting:AdWords has over 40 language options for campaign targeting.
- Time Targeting: AdWords allows advertisers to select specific hours during the day for optimal targeting.
- Auto-Tagging: Tagging destination URLs for analytics tracking has to be manually executed with other advertisers; however this process is automatic with AdWords.
Google re marketing, also known as re targeting, has been chastised in the media for the excessive frequency and poor targeting of the ads. However, if the audience is grown and cultivated correctly, there is a huge advantage for advertisers to recapture their audience’s attention elsewhere. Re targeting involves showing paid ads to users based on their past web activity on your site.