How to do keyword research for SEO?
Keyword research is one of the jey job role for an SEO professionals. A keyword is the word or more often, words that people type into Google’s search bar. For example, “best seo wordpress plugin”. If you write an article about “Best wordpress plugin list 2017”, your article will rank in the results of selected pages that Google wishes to show.
Certain keywords tend to do better than others. The most successful webmasters and bloggers know what kinds of topics to target. Some are profitable and easy to rank, whilst others can be easy to rank but not profitable. this knowledge which makes them so successful because once you rank high for a money-making keyword, your website will get more exposure than you can think of.
This article is all about giving some guidelines how pick profitable keywords which you can use to rank higher. You will learn how to generate keywords, test how profitable they are and select the keywords which will make you the most money. You will then learn how to embed these keywords into your website, for best rankings.
Types of Keywords in SEO
what should be our keywords and shortlist keywords for which we want to rank-Nike shoes example)
- Primary—Buy shoes online
- Secondary—what kind of shoes, formal or casual
- Long tail/phrase-”how to loose your girlfriend in 5 mins”
- Short tail keyword “
- high searched (“Amir khan” “buy shoes, nike shoes, shoes)
- low searched “seo skills”
- high competitive (quantity, quality)
- low competitive (quantity, quality)
- Seasonal (social trade, valitince day greeting, World cup)
- Misspelled (seosklls,phosshop,illstarot)
- Money (buy shoes, I phone repair in hyderbad, best I phone service in hyderbad.)
- Broad match, exact match and phase match
Best Keyword research tools 2017
Keyword research is a practice search engine optimization (SEO) professionals use to find and research actual search terms that people enter into search engines. As an SEO Analyst you main job is picking up keywords that covert. Here are some of the best Keyword research tools available 2017.
- uber suggest
- Keyword Tool
- Google Keyword Planner
- Buzz Sumo
- Moz Keyword Explorer
- Majestic SEO
- SEO Book Keyword Tool
- Keyword Spy
- Google Trends
Keyword research process
Phase #1 ANALYSIS
- No: of searches (top ranking with decent amount of traffic)
- Relevancy- (how close the keyword match with your biz)
- Competition-(what is competition for this Keyword)
- Frequency –(how frequent the Keyword appears in Search engine result page )
- Monetary value (Buy shoes on line)
- Google trends (current search for Keyword if the searches are dying) google.com/trends.
DIY (do it youself Exercise:)
Write down 10 keywords relevant to your product or service, using the Google Keyword Tool
- how competitive the keyword word is,
- The number of global and monthly searches for that keyword, and
- The number of local monthly searches.
Once you got list of keywords using On Page optimization technique you can able to incorporate these keywords in your website.