Graphic Design Course Overview
graphic design course is all about Anyone trying to communicate in a new language has to first gain a complete understanding of its fundamentals. The ABCs of that language. That is definitions, functions, and usage. The language of Graphic Design contains fundamental elements and principles of their language – Graphic Design, what they are, why they are important, and how to use them effectively.
The challenge is for the graphic designer to turn data into information and information and information into messages of meaning.
Elements and Principles of Graphic Design
Graphic design elements are the building blocks of graphics.
Lines can be straight or curved
#Color Definitions in Graphic Design
- Hue is another word for color.
- Chroma is the intensity or purity of color.
- Tint is a color mixed with white.
- Tone is a color mixed with gray.
- Shade is a color mixed with black.
#Color and contrast in Graphic Design
- Using color can enhance or detract from a composition.
Color wheels help determine which colors are in greatest contrast.
Use Kuler from Adobe Labs to try out new color schemes:
- Analogous colors are adjacent to each other on the color wheel.
- Complementary colors are opposite each other on the color wheel.
#Color in design
- Use color to label or show hierarchy.
- Use color to represent or imitate reality.
- Use color to unify, separate, or emphasize.
- Use color to decorate.
- Use color consistently.
- Shapes are enclosed objects that can be created by line or created by color and value changes that define their edges.
- Texture is the surface look of an object created by varying dark and light areas.
Graphic design principles
Graphic design principles are ways in which elements are used together.
- Movement is the use of lines,
- color, and repetition to create the illusion of motion.
- Curved forms or lines
- Repetition of geometric forms
- Fuzzy lines or outlines
- Lines can indicate motion or direction.
- How are lines used in the composition on this image?
- Balance is the act of comparing or estimating two things, one against the other, and the contrast between:
- Empty space (white space) and filled space
- Text and images
- Color and no colors and different colors
- Textures against flat colors
# Balance in composition
- There are three different types of balance when using color, shape, and position:
- Radial symmetry
# Symmetrical or formal balance
- You can usually identify at least one of three lines of symmetry.
- Unity: The correct balance of composition or color that produces a harmonious effect.
- What is the focus of the message?
- Emphasis: To express with particular stress or force.
- What message is stressed here?
Before launching your favorite adobe application to create good layout for your marketing and branding keep the following points in mind.
- The basis of good graphic design is use of design elements and their thoughtful application in the form of design principles.
- Clearly identify what you are trying to accomplish — use design to convey your message.
- Brainstorm alternatives.
Learn Graphic Design course online from SEO skills Academy Hyderbad
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe illustrator
- Adobe indesign
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Bridge
We are good people we Don’t Spam you!